GROW IN GRACE
With God and With Others
We want you to continue successfully in your new life with God, there is SO MUCH to learn and know of our loving, Heavenly Father. To do that, our hope is that you find a church you can call your “home” with other believers to grow in body, mind, and spirit as you follow Jesus Christ. Of course, if we can offer you that needed home and fellowship, we welcome you to join our family here at Christ Community Church. We would be honored to encourage and support you in the days that follow.
Until then, we find these steps to be VITAL for healthy spiritual growth:
1) Read your Bible . . . DAILY! A good start would be the book of John and the letter of James. Both can be read at Bible Gateway: Book of John Letter of James (or, of course, in your own Bible if you have one).
2) Pray . . . talk to God about EVERYTHING. He’s listening and takes great pleasure in your desire to spend time with Him.
3) Memorize verses. Doubts are normal, but by being able to readily recall what God says, His truth will combat those often nagging thoughts that can tell you otherwise. Try this one for starters. This was actually spoken by Jesus Himself:
"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16
4) Find people of “like mind.” It’s easier to pull someone off a latter than it is to pull someone up. Finding encouragement from other believers is crucial; otherwise, you might find yourself derailed from those around you who can more easily pull you off than your pulling them up.
5) Fix the Sins. And when you do “mess-up” (which we all do) just let God know. “But if we confess our sins, He will forgive our sins, because we can trust God to do what is right. He will cleanse us from all the wrongs we have done.” I John 1:9
Just remember, our Holy, Eternal, All-knowing, All-powerful, Merciful God loves YOU! He delights and rewards those who delight in Him and desire to know Him more. Just ask Him to reveal who He is to you, and He will!
The LORD delights in those who fear him, who put their hope in his unfailing love. Psalm 147:11
May God Richly Bless You, Now and Always!
Your Friends at Christ Community Church, Buena Park
To complete the process, read here